Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birth Story

On Wednesday at our weekly appointment, we found out that we would be having Cullen on Thursday morning by c-section.  We called our families and several family members ended up coming down that night.  Wednesday night, I slept less than 3 hours. We woke up at 3:30 and arrived at the hospital at 5:00 in the morning on Thursday. My friend, Mandy, met us in the pre-op area. Mandy was my labor and delivery nurse. She was awesome! It was so nice to have a familiar face there when I was so terrified, especially at the parts where Grant was not allowed to be with me. At 7:15, my doctor was there and I was sent to the operating room to get my anesthesia for the c-section.  The surgery started shortly after and Cullen was born at 7:55.

The whole thing scared me a lot.  I was thankful for my friends and family who had been through c-sections telling me about their experiences.  In anticipation of Cullen's arrival, I tried to learn as much as I could about the delivery process, but I did not anticipate a c-section and did not try to learn anything about the process.  Now I feel foolish for not studying about c-sections.  Somehow I thought it was something I had control over. Ha!










6 comments:

Jamie said...

Good job, Mama! What a beautiful family you have!

Sarah Maxwell Photography said...

I'm so glad I got to be there for his birth! I can't wait to see yall again! Cullen is perfect!

Jennifer M Orocio said...

Aww, you have such a precious angel in your life now. He is beautiful. Congrats :)

Lacey said...

What a beautiful family. Congrats Amanda!

Jessica said...

I am so glad that you and baby Cullen are safe and sound. Thanks for sharing!

myra said...

I think having a C-Section is the most surreal experience ever. So glad you had a friendly face there (besides Grant) and that everything went well. Cullen is just precious. Hope you're recovery is going well and you're getting some rest. :)