Monday, August 1, 2011

40 Weeks


This was me last Wednesday, July 27, the night before Cullen was born.  On that morning, I had my last prenatal appointment with my obstetrician.  My doctor did the normal examination for 40 weeks pregnant and found that my body was not progressing.  Softening had started, but absolutely no dilation, and Cullen was no where near his exit point. Often, babies who are still high in the mother's body are too large to pass through the pelvis.  This was the case for us.  Cullen is not a big boy, the issue was with my bone structure.  We had a long talk with the doctor and decided it was the safest option to deliver Cullen by c-section.  The thought of surgery scared me and for the next 19 hours, all I could think about was being awake on the operating table.

More of our birth story to come in the following post.

No comments: